From the Corner Office
Happy New Year to all of our loyal players and thank you for all of your support throughout another extremely busy 2023 golf season. Last year brought many great golf moments and it is all thanks to our supportive customers and staff. Some highlights include:
- Hosted the BC Juvenile Championships
- Hosted Zone 5 women’s and men’s events
- Hosted HP Club men’s and women’s interclub matches
- Raised over $10, 000 for Golf for Cancer (thanks Shelley Stewart)
- Raised over $3500 for the Vancouver Island Children’s Hospital Foundation
- Raised over $18, 000 for mental health and CMHA-Victoria
- Helped raise over $20, 000 for the BC Autism Foundation
Our commitment to the community continues to create purpose for our management and staff and we will continue to focus on giving back to our local community. This also includes a significant commitment to the development of the game by supporting junior golf initiatives.
The 2024 season looks equally bright as we have some exciting things on the immediate horizon. Highland Pacific Golf will continue to focus on daily fee, tee time golf for our loyal HP players. We will not host outside tournaments other than the few charity golf tournaments approved by our management. This will ensure a modicum of tee times available for our regular HP and public players.
Please note some of the exciting happenings here in 2024:
- Equal opportunities for the HP Men’s and HP Women’s divisions to come together and build community. HP Women’s division plays Thursday mornings while the HP Men’s division ball sweep will be held for the first time this year on Saturday mornings.
- Highland Pacific Golf will continue with women’s and men’s golf days Monday and Wednesdays between April and August and conduct two shotgun with dinner events per month.
- May 27th Highland Pacific Golf will host the PGA of BC Tournament of Champions.
- June 17th Highland Pacific Golf will host the PGA America’s Royal Beach Monday Qualifier
I am also excited about having Callum Ashby, lead our golf operation as Head Golf Professional. Callum’s enthusiasm, professionalism as well as his knowledge of our business will be a great boost to our leadership team. I would also like to welcome Robert Grombach to our leadership team as our new Outside Services Manager. Robert brings an eye for detail to the operation from his experience managing franchise restaurants and I know he will boost the guest experience at our podium.
If you have any questions about our operation or any suggestions please feel free to reach out to me anytime.