Job Opportunities At Highland Pacific Golf
Searching for a job in the golf industry? We invite you to consider Highland Pacific Golf in Victoria BC as your gateway into a great field.
We are constantly searching for qualified staff that love to make our guests experience a memorable one.If we do not have a position posted, we will always accept applications via email.
Current Job Openings
Position - Irrigation Technician
Description: Highland Pacific Golf is currently seeking an experienced Greenskeeper/Irrigation Technician to join the turf department in a year-round, full time, capacity. We are seeking responsible individuals with a strong work ethic who enjoy being part of a team and have a high standard for quality.
- Assist in planning and supervision of golf course maintenance
- Ability to adjust daily work schedules
- Assist in staff training and supervision
- Daily operation of any or all different maintenance equipment, including speciality equipment.
- Ability to help repair and maintain the irrigation system. Experience is a key asset.
- Capability to work in all weather conditions
- Must be a team player
- Weekend management shifts
- starting wage $22-24/hr depending on experience
- Extended Dental and Health Coverage
- Food and merchandise discounts
- Golf and range privileges
- Minimum 3 years experience on a golf course OR ongoing turf education
- Clear understanding of Integrated Pest Management (IPM) and Audubon Sanctuary programs
- WHIMS & Safety Training
- Current BC Pesticide Applicator’s License (or ability to obtain)
- Knowledge of the rules of golf
- Positive attitude
- Willingness to learn
- Preference to those with irrigation maintenance and repair experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Valid driver’s license
Start Date: As soon as possible
Application Deadline: Until Filled
Only those with experience will be considered for this position
All interested persons should forward resume with cover letter to Geoff Sheffield, Golf Course Superintendent: email@example.com